A Fire Christmas Story

Miranda Rodriguez, Reporter

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Winter has always been my favorite time of year. I love decorating the house and putting up Christmas tree. One year after my mom and I had finished decorating, we figured we would light some scented candles and watch a Christmas movie, cause why not?

At the time I was around six years old and my little mind didn’t realize how flammable hair is. So I went in to sniff the lit candle, and my hair caught on fire! I didn’t even realize until I heard my mom screaming behind me. I didn’t know what to do so I just stood there hoping it would put out itself.

My mom was more freaked out than I was. She ended up having to call my aunt over to calm her down, which was fun for me because I got to play video games with my cousins. Overall, I think I still had a pretty good day.